June 26, 2011

Pool time & the arts

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I got to spend it at the pool! First pool day of the summer if you can believe it. It was hot, the water felt nice, and I got to go with my good friend Alex who I don't get to see very often. This is why I love having Saturday's off work.

Later that day, Rach and I decided to go to the Arts Festival. We took trax and boy was that an experience. There were 2 boys sitting behind us with their open cans of beer at 5 in the afternoon belting songs they were listening to on their ipod. That was only a little preview of what was to come once we got to the Arts Festival.

So many fun performances, such as Ballet West and a comedy show that happened to be put on by a boy that we knew, and lots of neat booths. My favorite was when the artists were doing their work right there in front of me. Like some of these graffiti pictures.

Then there were these amazing guys who did this stomp stuff. They were so good, I felt like I was listening to a drumline.

Fictionist performed that night and so we got their nice and early to have good seats and save some for friends. Little did we know that wouldn't matter because everyone ended up standing anyways and people started working their way towards the front which moved us farther back. Oh well, we were still pretty close and Fictionist sounded awesome.



Here's just one example of the many interesting things we saw while at the Arts Festival. People watching there has got to be one of the most entertaining things. This man was a hoot!

3 comments:

  1. we got a pic with that man too! i wish i had known you guys were there so we could have met up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the trashcan beats and random wizard trash men walkin' about, it looks and sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww love this post! We need to do that more!!! And we should have taken pictures! Lets go again soon! Maybe this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete