April 13, 2011

Nervous Habits

I have been sitting in the library for a good 3 hours now studying for a quiz and a test today (don't you hate when things seem to always fall on the same day?) and have caught myself participating in many nervous habits. I also wanted an excuse to have a study break so I thought I would blog about it!
  • Nail polish picking. Before I know it I'll look at my nails and all my nail polish has been completely picked off. This is why I rarely paint my nails... it never lasts long.
  • Leg shaking. Suddenly I will realize my body and the table I am at is slightly shaking due to the nervous, rapid motion of my foot moving up and down.
  • Hair twirling. After a little while of reading I will notice my finger caught in a dread lock I have just formed in my hair. Then begins the nervous habit process of working it out.
  • Talking out loud. This is something that usually helps me when studying, but I have to be extra careful when I am in places such as the library. I don't even realize my out loud studying until I start to notice the funny looks I'm getting from the people around me. They have all now just learned the stages of pregnancy from me... my apologies.

2 comments:

  1. hair twirl is my thing too. head scratch too. as if scratching my head will actually make me smarter. that quiz today? death. absolutely death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel yah Kirstyn. I just know you aced that test!

    ReplyDelete