April 9, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Date

Sometimes all I want to do when the weekend rolls around is hang out at home, relax, and catch up on sleep. With how busy the weeks are with school and work I get so exhausted and it finally seems to catch up with me.

Last night was one of those nights.

I decided I wasn't going to change out my sweats or put on make up and just relax at home and do some homework. (NERD ALERT!) There was a cool benefit concert going on that a bunch of my friends were going to, but I just could not seem to gather the energy to be out and about.

So the decision was made.

I had been on the phone with my dad earlier who was at work and when he asked what my plans were I told him I was just going to stay in. My dad always jokes with me about how I'm too busy and never home and so he was pretty surprised with my decision.

I had been working on homework for a while when my dad got home with dinner in hand and a movie. We had the classic dinner and a movie date and it was great. Just the homework break I needed. Due to my tiredness I didn't even make it through the first 10 minutes of the movie before I was dead asleep, but it was so sweet and thoughtful of my dad and it was nice to get to spend some time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment