October 24, 2011

Therapy

In all the craziness that life is, I have discovered a few things that are therapeutic for me.

Bubble Baths
Remember how I am addicted to them? Nothing makes me feel more calm or winds me down quite like a bubble bath does. It's so relaxing and there is nothing better than crawling into my bed after having just been all nice and warm and soothed in the bath tub. They truly do wonders.

Cleaning
My parents would laugh hysterically if they saw this because this happens probably once in a blue moon. And today happened to be a blue moon. I had been doing homework like crazy the past few days and finally I just couldn't take it anymore. I needed a break so I went on a cleaning rampage in my room. This happens rarely so when it does I definitely know I have reached a limit. It felt so good to have a more organized and less cluttered room and I was able to get back to my school stuff and refocus.

Taking Ziggy for a walk
Fresh air really does the body good. I feel like I am cooped up indoors all day and sometimes I just need that little bit of time outside to get fresh oxygen flowing to my noggin. And why not take Ziggy with me? He loves walks too and gets all excited when I pull out the leash. He is a cutie and a half to say the least.

Dancing
When I am dancing I don't have a single care in the world. Oh it is the best feeling. I miss it every day. Luckily I have my dance class to help me keep my sanity somewhat, but I miss how much a part of my life it used to be. Eat, sleep, school, dance. That's how it was for a long time. Now sometimes I'll just put on songs that I did dances to in the past and see how much I remember. It's so fun and brings back such great memories.

Doing something crafty
There is a family I tend for and the oldest daughter loves crafts and to color. It is usually always apart of my time with her. I have started to really love doing it with her and lately it seems like I am more excited to do it then she is. Even though they are just little simple things, like paper snow flakes or glitter masks, it still makes me feel like I am doing something creative, which is always a good feeling.

Being with children
Nannying and hanging out with kids all day is seriously the best job. It can definitely be hard sometimes thats for sure, but kids are so fun and make me forget about all my worries. They bring out the kid in me and make me want to do silly things without caring. Like read stories and form a rock band in a Thomas the Train tent, play hide n' seek, and rescue a princess from a burning building (all of these may or may not be from personal experience...)

It's nice to have those simple things that prevent me from losing my mind.

1 comment: