July 22, 2011

UT ---> NC

11 states and 2,034 miles later, Danny and I made it from SLC, UT to Winston-Salem, North Carolina where he will be going to school. I like to refer to it as "The Ultimate Road Trip." We left early on Saturday and drove through Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, and finally North Carolina getting there early Tuesday evening. Luckily we had places to stay in Nebraska, Missouri, and Kentucky where the families were so sweet and treated us like we were their own children. It was a long drive, but it went by really fast and it was so much fun. Wednesday I had to fly home and although the goodbye was tough, I am so glad I was able to go out there with him and I couldn't be more excited for him and this new adventure in his life. Of course now I am hating myself for not taking more pictures, but here are a few from our "Ultimate Road Trip"!

Windmills in Wyoming... and lots of them!

Danny's whole life in his truck

My turn to take over and get behind the wheel!

First stay: North Platte, Nebraska

Pretty rainbow

Although Nebraska is super flat and there isn't much to see, it sure did have a pretty sunset!
(the picture doesn't do it justice)

Lots of time in the car

We made a little pit stop to see the arch in St. Louis! Gateway to the west



The Colonel waving us off from his cute Kentucky home

Pretty rolling hills of Kentucky

I sure did miss the mountains but boy is it pretty back east!

We also saw the new Harry Potter... WOW! That is all I have to say. So sad it is over :(

No comments:

Post a Comment