Call me crazy, but I love donating blood. Needles have never bothered me and I feel like I have some unofficial obligation to donate whenever I get the opportunity because my blood type is O negative, which is the universal donor. So I'm all excited that the time came to donate again and I go to the institute today all hydrated up and ready to go. I go through the process of reading the booklet, waiting in line, getting the finger prick, filling out the questionnaire, and having the needle inserted. About 30 seconds into my blood flowing through the tubes into the bags the lady comes back and checks on me. She lifts up the little towel covering the needle and says, "Welp, looks like the needle fell out of the vein and I can't find where to put it back in." Ummmm...ok? Apparently since blood had already hit the bag they couldn't do my other arm so just like that I was done. Didn't even get to donate anything hardly. Then she told me I would have a large bruise, some swelling and soreness so she sent me home with some ice packs. Basically it was a massive failure. At least I did come away with something other than a dead arm and disappointment... Iggy's anyone?
January 31, 2012
January 29, 2012
January 21, 2012
Why is it that snow didn't decide to come until now?
I guess better late than never right?
Why is it that I always find something that I consider far better or more important to do than my homework?
I mean catching up on my blog stalking is pretty important...
Why is it that I am always cold?
Why is it that although graduating from college is super exciting, it is scaring me to death?
I guess it's time to welcome adulthood
Why is it that my travel bug is biting more than ever?
Maybe because graduation is approaching and I'm in need of one last adventure before becoming a big girl
Why is it that I keep going back to the fridge hoping to see if food magically appeared?
I guess I could have missed something the other 3 times I checked...
Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white? (Stole this off an e-mail from my mom)
How neat would it be to have pink bubbles?!
Why is it that people say, "it is what it is"?
Of course it is! What else would it be if it wasn't what it is?
Why is it that my chapstick always seems to mysteriously disappear?
I many never know
Posted by Kirstyn
January 18, 2012
"Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything & make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best & expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past & press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side as long as you are true to the best that is in you!"- Christian D. Larson
Posted by Kirstyn
January 15, 2012
So there are a few things at the moment that I am completely and utterly obsessed with. I think I would feel much better if I got them out in the open.
Ok. Has anyone seen this show? I know it isn't exactly new because I have heard a lot about it for a long time, but I just never watched it until recently. I started it on netflix and I can definitely see what all the hype is about. SO GOOD! I've been pounding through episodes and have gotten my whole family hooked as well. It's developed into our family night activity. I am going to be so sad when I reach the end... I just know it.
"No One Can Take Your Place"
I am reading this Sheri Dew book at the moment and it is nothing short of amazing just like all of her books. I love love love it! If anyone is looking for a good read, I highly recommend it.
This girl and her cheeks
I just started tending this little angel and I could just squeeze/kiss those darling chubby cheeks all day long! They are too cute for words. She is a girl after my own heart with those massive cheeks.
Sundried Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins
Mmmmmmmm delicious! These are so good especially with little slices of ham and cheese. I can't even eat original wheat thins anymore because they are just too boring after these babies.
I literally can't stop playing this game. I don't even know why it is so fun, but it just is.
Posted by Kirstyn
January 10, 2012
I realize I am doing this a little bit late, but I have been wanting to do it for a while and have been lazy with the whole blogging thing and just haven't! I figure better late than never right? Besides, I have loved reading other people's years in review and found it very fun and entertaining to reflect back on my 2011 year. It was a good one and I just thought I would share a few of the highlights.
- I began this little blog of mine
- Converted to the smart phones and became a proud owner of an iphone
- Began the semester as a new gamma officer
- My dear friend Megan left on her mission to Cambodia
- I quit my job at Red Butte Cafe
- Had a lovely Valentine's day celebration with friends making heart shaped waffles and delivering hand made valentines
- CCRT! President's weekend down in Cedar City
- Had the most amazing 21st birthday ever. I have the best family and friends in the world
- Went to an intense Jazz game for gamma date night
- Celebrated St. Patty's Day for probably the first time ever by attending a very well put on party by some friends. This holiday definitely increased in the rankings of my favorite holidays
- Went on an unforgettable cruise for spring break
- Met Danny on said cruise :)
- Made a very fun trip down to Provo where we went to a free Sugar Ray concert
- Found out I would be graduating the next year
- Called to be the new gamma president for the upcoming year
- Had a fun photo shoot with my gamma girls
- A luau themed end of year gamma banquet/party
- First date with Danny boy
- Another season of sytycd begins
- A delightful California trip with Rach and Kylee
- Took the plunge and transferred into my singles ward
- First experience geocaching
- Explored some tunnels under the freeway
- Spontaneous St. George Trip
- Dear friends Chris and Lauren tie the knot
- Attend the annual Arts Festival
- Received the unfortunate and heart breaking news that gamma was to be no more starting in August
- Attended a Beach Boys concert to celebrate my mom's birthday
- Spent a lovely 4th of July in Logan and Richfield
- Found out we were going to have to sell our house (luckily that news has since changed and there are no longer plans of moving at the moment!)
- Went on a 4-day road trip to Danny's new home in North Carolina
- Continued gamma activities and had a classic skating date night. Niel was a trooper and was my date
- Lovely Lake Powell trip with lovely friends
- The darling Michelle and Mick get hitched
- We have our final gamma activity
- The finale of sytycd where Melanie was the well-deserved winner
- Visit to NC and I got to go horseback riding
- 10 year anniversary of 9/11
- Danny had a birthday
- The Utah vs. BYU game that will go down in history... 54-10
- A very fun girls night up in Park City
- Attended the sytycd tour thanks to Hilary
- Made a surprise visit to NC
- Celebrated Halloween for a whole weekend where I dressed as a jellyfish, a hick, and a baby
- Went to Anjelah Johnson's comedy show that was hysterical
- Had a very fun weekend-long birthday celebration for Rach
- Niel's football team went to state (unfortunately they didn't win, but they had a heck of a season)
- Went to Cedar for a weekend
- Thanksgiving break with Danny and his family in town and delicious food
- Finished my second to last semester
- Winter break complete with winter break-like activities
- Week long visit from the boyf
- A wonderful Christmas with the fam
- A night in deer valley for Sadie's birthday and New Years
It was such a great year and full of the unexpected. I can't wait to see what is in store for 2012!
Posted by Kirstyn
January 1, 2012
Well it's officially 2012! I don't normally love new years, but this year I enjoyed it very much. Instead of attending the typical large and sometimes overwhelming parties, I spent it up in deer valley with some close friends. Not only were we there to ring in the new year, but to celebrate Sadie's birthday as well. Sadie is definitely one of my closest friends and there's no questions that when Sadie is around it is always a blast. She is one of the friendliest people you will ever meet and so much fun to be around. I love her so much and am grateful to have her as a friend! Along with her birthday celebrations, we played games, had multiple dance parties, drank martinelli's, did highs and lows of 2011, and of course brought in the new year!
Happy January 1, 2012!
Posted by Kirstyn