November 22, 2011

a few recent happenings...

Oh hey there blog! Haven't seen you in a while... thanks to the craziness that I like to call school. Luckily between classes and studying I have found time to do a few fun things.

A couple weeks ago (November 12 to be exact) it was one of my very best friends birthdays. We had the happiest 22 birthday celebration for Rach. It was complete with a birthday sleepover to ring in the big day full of treats, martinellies, and toasts for the birthday girl; birthday breakfast; mani-pedi's; football game; birthday dinner; and a fun night of friends and cake. I am so lucky to have a friend like Rachel. We have been friends for a long time and have been through a lot together, including being roomies down at SUU. I tell her anything and everything and she is one of the most thoughtful people I know. Let's not forget she is HILARIOUS and tons of fun as well. Basically she is the best and I love her so much!




Niel's football team has had an incredible season and made it to the state championship on friday! I wish I could say they came away as the 4A state champs, but unfortunately they came away in second. They played such a great game though and it was definitely a very close match. The team had a heck of a season and Niel was a big part of that. Leading the team in tackles and interceptions he has played great and I am so proud of him!!! Number 1 fan right here. They will take it next year, I just know it!



Straight after the game I headed down to Cedar City for a short weekend visit. Despite it being short, it was a great time as it always is visiting there. I got to be with my SUU roomies and visit old friends. Cedar is great and all, but it's the people that make me miss it so much.

And finally, Thanksgiving break has officially begun! Time to warm up the tummy for the delicious meal on Thursday. Such a wonderful holiday... family, great food, no school. How could it get any better than that? Oh yeah... Danny is coming!!! I can't wait to see him tomorrow :)

What a great time to count all my many blessings and acknowledge everything I am thankful for.

1 comment: