May 1, 2011

RIP hair wrap

So remember how on my lovely spring break cruise I got a hair wrap in Mexico by the wonderful Tom?

It was so much fun having it and it's been a good run, but I decided it was time for it to go. It has been just over a month and I could feel the knot of hair at the top of the wrap getting bigger and just couldn't take it anymore. I had heard I was most likely going to have to just cut that piece of hair out and I really didn't want to do that, so I began the process of unwrapping it from bottom to top. It took some time and my fingers were a little sore, but eventually I was able to get it out without cutting my hair and a nice little dread was formed.

I started trying to brush through this newly free piece of hair starting with the knot at the top. Just when I thought I was starting to get my hair untangled, the whole wad of it just fell out! That's right, a whole chunk of hair just fell right out. (I took a picture of that too but thought I would spare anyone who reads this the horror.) So not only is the hair wrap gone, but now so is most of the hair that was in it. Oh well, at least it was in a place where no one will notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment