September 20, 2011

just some tuesday thoughts

I had a realization yesterday. I feel like I'm the type of person that takes the term "grin and bear it" to heart. But you know what? Sometimes it is ok to be sad. It's ok to have those stay-in-my-sweats-wear-no-make-up-eat-ice-cream-and-watch-sappy-shows kind of days every once in a while. You can only disregard those feelings for so long and some days you just need to let them out. I feel like a whole new person after doing so!

A substitute brings a whole new vibe to a classroom. It results in zoning out and leaving the class not knowing what exactly was talked about. Oops hope it wasn't important!

Seeing friendly and familiar faces on campus is quite possibly one of my favorite things. With the U being so big and me only really being in the same 3 buildings, it's rare that I see someone I know. So you can imagine my excitement when I cross paths with a friend.

All of sudden I feel like I have so many different... I don't even know what to call them... "things" I am apart of that I have to keep tack of. Facebook, instagram, blogger, and now pinterest... for being someone who is a little slow on the technology track I am feeling like I am now way tuned in. It's very strange, yet addicting.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but do you ever have those days where you get ready, but then wish you hadn't? That was me today. I decided I would actually get somewhat ready for school, because I don't very often, and it actually felt pretty good not feeling like I just rolled out of bed then hopped in my car. I walked into my first class and there was this darling girl in a t-shirt and cut-off sweat shorts that made me immediately regret my decision to get ready. She just looked so comfy, but cute at the same time. Darn jeans.

Dance classes at the U are the best. I have met some of the coolest people through them that I don't know if I would have met otherwise. Also dancing around and seeing each other get all gross and sweaty make for some unique bonds and friendships.

Fall is in the air and I couldn't be happier!!! The days are still warm and sunny, but not smoldering hot and the nights have a chill that make me want to bundle up. Gosh I love fall and everything about it. As much as I love ski season, I hope fall lasts this year and that winter doesn't come too soon.

I have developed a new desire to learn how to cook. And I mean really cook, not just put together a sandwich or make a bowl of cereal. Kylee and I have carried on our tradition from last semester of cooking dinner once a week before our night class. Last night we made yummy chicken alfredo and last week was chicken enchiladas. There is just something about a homemade meal that makes it taste a million times better and it ends up being way cheaper. Look out Betty Crocker!

7 comments:

  1. Love this. Amen about the Facebook, blog, Pinterest thing! Its a lot to handle! Keep the thoughts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What dance classes are you taking and how come I never see you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. my seemingly neverending facebook addiction is being cured thanks to my new additions to instagram & pinterest. i have sooo many get ready wish i hadn't days. so many. all dressed up with nowhere to go and nobody to see. i should just be a non-showering, sweatshirt wearing girl daily. monday night chefs is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love fall too!! everything about fall makes me happy!! Mmm pumpkin everything it's the best time of year!!! Dance classes?! How fun!! i took a salsa class a couple of years back when i lived in san fran and absolutely loved it!! i met some of the coolest and nicest people ever!! such a great experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog!

    www.saraandluke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute blog! And I hear you...some days, you just need to wallow a bit, eat some ice cream, and then move on!

    ReplyDelete